This is meant as a companion piece to “A rational world” which is in the Humanities section.
It is based on the question, “If we applied all our spiritual ideas, and the world was then a spiritual world, then what would the world be like ?”
It seems more difficult to write than the “Rational World” one
Some ideas to start us off:-
- In each time zone, the people would stop for a 15 minute meditation / quiet time at 12 noon every day. Drivers would even stop and turn off their engines, and trains stop at a station.
- Anger and hatred would be considered to be illnesses
- We would choose our leader on the basis of their wisdom and compassion
- All decision making would be by consensus – there would be no more winners and losers
- Work would be a privilege, but the workless would contribute to the improvement of every aspect of the environment
Would we actually want all of these ? would we lose too much by having no little competition or polarisation ? What would happen to “progress” in this world ?
Once again, I’m a bit stuck with this – please help by adding more on the forum thread !