I originally claimed that this site was a “roadmap for seekers",
I’d better try and (belatedly) justify that claim. But, I don't knowwhat your life is like, so it's probably best if you start drawing your own map ! I have created a Making a Map page to help with this, and you can add in ideas from the secitons below too.
I'll start by asking some questions - perhaps you can get a large piece of paper for your mapping process using these questions:-
- What is right in front of you ? - perhaps doing that is the best place to start
- What do you want ? -
- What do you want to achieve ?
- What challenges do you have ? (I like challenges)
- What do you want to develop in yourself - 2 main directions - wisdom or compassion
There are lots of other fine words you can choose to (draw an angel card !?)
- How soon do you want it ? (life is a marathon !! you’ve got time to do everything)
- What immediate results do you want
- What long-term goals or achievements or qualities do you want ?
- Do you want to be a specialist or a generalist ? (it’s OK to be a specialist - I find some of them one-dimensional, but some people need that. I prefer to be “holistic”)
Having said all that, I’ve written a couple of potentially useful pages:-
A sort of CV of things to do - languages, owning business and house, doing things, groups, etc
A reading list of books and courses that I recommend
something else ( the FH list is quite good to read too)
Then, there are the 4 main sections of this site
I think thees are also part of the map - you may not want to visit that bit of the territory, but, it’’s all inside you anyway, and you may be lacking an essential piece of your jigsaw puzzle if you totally ignore any of these
Finally, I’ve created two pages of existing Roadmaps
- Fictional Maps - Page af maps
- Spirirual and Psychological Maps - Page of Maps
- Dante’s Inferno (try and avoid the Inferno !) - 2 images
- the Buddhist realms (again, try and avoid some of these places) 31 planes + the Noble 8-fold path
- Taoist diagram - Nei Jing Tu
- Grayson Perry creates great maps (often complex streetmaps)
You will see that many of these are of spiritual advancement (or degeneration, as the case may be)
Not many are about getting organised to have a fulfilling life and taking the first few spiritual steps.
Also, all these maps rapidly become HUGE with all the possibilities. For example, you could include these ideas
- life is a school, and it’s a lifelong learning experience - it’s a marathon, not a sprint
- wisdom and compassion ar the two major fields of development (though many other words are used - use the ones you find most useful)
- use everyting, and keep going !!