I think there is “something else” – a higher level, a finer side to people – call it what you will. It’s not ideal, but calling it spirit or soul will have to do !
It interests me, and always has – I’ve read a lot, and discovered that the spiritual comes in many flavours. I've done lots of different trainings, I've looked around, and I've persevered.
I thought I would try to summarise some of the different flavours and try to create a “spiritual roadmap” for anyone who is confused by the competing claims of all the different teachers and teachings.
Though it’s difficult to “organise Spirit” or to divide it into sections, I need to do something otherwise the contents will be a jumble.
This is my attempt :-
- Purpose, intention, aims and objectives, goals. Our motivation is the key to our results.
- Techniques - some of the most useful and reliable techniques drawn from a range of spiritual and psychological teachings
- Models (Ideas and Theories) – this section is mostly about traditional esoteric spirituality, which is is generally theoretical and conceptual, and I call it “theosophy” for short. This includes some of the most useful teachings and topics of interest from the Theosophical Society, the Alice A Bailey books, and Agni yoga
- Personal Path - Stories, Patterns, Groups, Energies, Communication
- Maps (Best Practice) - starting to generate a “spiritual roadmap” and describing some guidelines
- History and Tradition (spiritual movements, including some recent spiritual teachers.) from religion, to theosophy, to the New Age, to post-modernism, with some details of the main teachings
- Discussions – I have some ideas that I need a lot help with (In the forum) ……..
- what would a spiritual world be like ? (and what would a rational world be like ?)
- I have been reading Dante’s “Divine Comedy”– can we modernise it ?
- There are many ways forward – what works best – community ? transition movement ? are there other newer initiatives ? What is possible now ?
Obviously each of the above sections would almost fill a library in itself - I can only scratch the surface
Taken as a whole, I hope to form a “spiritual roadmap” – some articles give “the lie of the land” (the structure of things), others describe some of the well-trodden roads and paths, other materials give ideas about how to move forward, and what direction to go in. I hope it is helpful, and would welcome any suggested improvements.
I recently found a quote in a book that helps me with this
……. Thus, let us cautiously assemble all existing thoughts that can benignly penetrate Akasha and reach the essence of existence …….. (stanza 50, Agni Yoga “Heart”)